Want to get more involved in KBOA?
Here is your chance to contribute to the Kirkwood Business Owners' Association! Help move forward KBOA's mission of improving and connecting the business community of Kirkwood.
NEW SECRETARY NEEDED: Volunteer up to 10 hours per month + Business Mixers & Events . Must be a KBOA member to hold this position.
- Keeps meeting minutes for both the BOD and general body meetings. Coordination with Director for distribution to the general body.
- Secretary signs the by-laws and manages any amendments.
- Holds fiduciary responsibilities.
Required Monthly Meetings: 5 hours
Attendance of BOD meetings on the 1st Wednesday of the Month from Noon-1:30pm at the Kirkyard Public House.
Attendance of the General Membership meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of the Month from 11:00am- Noon at the Kirkwood Library.
- Board of Directors may not miss more than 3 meetings total per term.
Attendance at quarterly business mixers. Not required.
Shared Between All Board Members: Attendance of neighborhood association monthly meeting and NPU-O. Dates and times vary, estimated 2 hours. Sign up for dates in advance.
Working Sessions & Follow up: +/- 5 hours
2017 Meeting Dates & Events
ARTICLE WRITER NEEDED: Volunteer up to 5 hours a month
Work with the KBOA marketing chair to produce monthly business articles for the Kirkwood Neighbor. Do not need to be a KBOA member.
- Write a 250-500 word article each month for publication in the Kirkwood Neighbor newsletter.
- Articles will include but not limited to interviewing a business member, KBOA business, Kirkwood Wine Stroll plus other fun ideas that you have to add.
- Articles are due by the 10th of the month prior to publication.
- All articles will have your byline!
- If you are interested, please send us some writing samples. Click the link below to email us.
EMAIL US AT KIRKWOODBIZ@GMAIL.COM TO GET INVOLVED!